At the bookstore on July 19, Ladies Night Out, a demonstration of hand made books and journals by Olivia Revolinski.
|Here’s an offer to celebrate Independent Bookstores beginning on Independent Bookstore Day (Saturday, April 28) and throughout the year thereafter. (It’s a colorful map, do pick one up.)|
- Pick up a Midwest Indie Bookstore Roadmap at the bookstore.
- Every bookstore is pictured with an image and signage –Bookends on Main is just about in the middle of the map.
- On the back cover of the map there are some details about a contest MIBA will be hosting to encourage folks to visit independent stores throughout the year.
- Customers take a selfie either in or in front of your store at any time over the course of the year.
- You post it to Twitter and tag (@midwestbooks) and our store. Every month, MIBA selects a photo at random to receive a $25 gift card to any store on the map.
- Next year on Independent Bookstore Day, MIBA will select another random photo to win a $500 gift card to any store on the map. (The more times customers post a photo, the more likely they are to win the grand prize!)
- If a winner chooses to receive a gift card in our store, MIBA will be in touch to purchase the gift card and arrange delivery.